1 lb fresh salmon, in this case SOCKEYE!
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced bell pepper, i choose yellow for color contrast
2 tbsp minced flat leaf parsley
1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
1/3 cup mayonaise
1/2 lemo, juice
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp worcheshire sauce
salt & pepper
- add olive oil to pan on med-high, and saute onion and bell pepper until soft, approx 5mins
- remove skin from salmon and dice into 1/4-1/2 pieces
- add onion/bell pepper mix into bowl, along with everything else-parsley, bread crumb, mayonaise, lemon juice, egg, cayenne, worcheshire and salt & pepper
- mix it all up!
- make some cakes! this is my trick:
- fill the 1/4 cup measure cup will salmon mix, and pat it it with spoon/spatula
- smack the spoon upside down until a perfectly formed cake comes out
- on a seperate plate, have some flour ready and place the cake on both sides into the flour to get a light coating - this is what makes the cake crispy!
- place cakes in refrigerator for 15mins, this helps them hold their shape when you go to fry them
- add some olive oil to a pan on med-high
- fry the cakes, 4-5mins on each side, you'll see the color change from the sides as they 'cook upwards' from the heat of the pan, flip them when that color line is between 1/3 to 1/2 way up.
YUM YUM!!! enjoy:)